To get EDIT-rights for the wiki, please create an account and contact Alice Carpentier (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, affiliation and username to be approved!
08-Feb-12: roadmapping workshop with experts in LUX
Rue Adolphe Fischer 56
Phone: +352 26483751
Wednesday, 08-Feb-12, 10:00-16:00
10, rue Robert Stumper
link to map
In cooperation with the Unit E2: Technologies for Information Management, Luxembourg, PlanetData runs a strategic meeting to plan the 2nd Call of the PlanetData Program.
The objective of the meeting is to identify important issues to be addressed by the 2nd PlanetData program call in order to make the provisioning and usage of open data a success, both from a business as well as from a technical point of view. In addition, we also invite selected speakers to present their ideas on future calls of the Unit E2: Technologies for Information Management, Luxembourg in Framework VII and potential long term goals for Horizon 2020 that will be the continuation of Framework VII in the Future. The following document might be of interest in this context: 
The overall goal of the workshop is to contribute to shaping the vision of large scale data management.
GENERAL INFO ABOUT PLANETDATA and its CALLS
Planet Data is a network of Excellence on large-scale data management that started in October 2010, see  The mission of PlanetData is to establish an interdisciplinary, sustainable European community helping organizations to expose their data on the Web in a useful way.
It has two calls for new partners were budget is assigned to them, details can be found at 
10:00 - 10:30 Welcome, Introduction of Participants, Objectives: Rudi Studer, KIT, Germany + Márta Nagy-Rothengass, EC, or Khalil Rouhana, EC
10:30 - 12:00 3 Presentations and Discussions (20' + 10')
- Big Data: alignment of Supply and Demand, Nuria de Lama
- [Patrick Gatellier was unfortunately unavailable]
- Perspectives for Open Data and large data analytics, Georg Hackenbroich
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 14:30 2 Presentations and Discussions (20' + 10')
- Linked Open Data and RDF Stores meet Search Based Applications, Christoph Goller
- Opinion Analytics: a virtuous circle for business and society, Hugo Zaragoza
- Big Data Requirements for Environmental Sensing, Joachim Schaper
14:30 - 15:00 Coffee
15:00 - 16:00 Wrap-up, Summary: Elena Simperl, KIT, Germany, and Dieter Fensel, STI Innsbruck, Austria
PARTICIPATION (by invitation only)
!Maxumim of 15 participants (PD reps, experts, EC reps)!
- Elena Simperl
- Dieter Fensel
- Rudi Studer: File:PlanetData in a Nutshell, Rudi Studer.pdf
- Grigoris Antoniou
- Marko Grobelnik
- Hugo Zaragoza, Websays : File:Opinion Analytics- a virtuous cycle for business and society, Hugo Zaragoza.pdf
- Nuria De-Lama Sanchez, ATOS : File:Big Data, Alignment of Supply & Demand, Nuria de Lama.pdf
- Gregor Hackenbroich, SAP : File:Perspectives for Open Data and large data analytics, Gregor Hackenbroich.pdf
- Joachim Schaper, AGT : File:Big Data Requirements for Environmental Sensing, Joachim Schaper.pdf
- Christoph Goller, Intrafind Software : File:Linked Open Data and RDF Stores meet Search Based Applications, Christoph Goller.pdf