To get EDIT-rights for the wiki, please create an account and contact Alice Carpentier (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, affiliation and username to be approved!
09-10 Sep 13: project meeting @FORTH, Crete
MINUTES of the meeting
Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
Νikolaou Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton
GR - 711 10, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- Main room (plenary): Payatakis Room (1st floor - both days)
- Secondary rooms (breakout):
- G100 room (ground floor - Monday 9/9 only)
- Orfanoudakis room (1st floor - Tuesday 10/9 only)
All meeting rooms are located inside the main building of FORTH.
Coffee will be served between the sessions. Lunch and coffee for participants will be covered by FORTH.
Unfortunately, there are no hotels near FORTH. Your best bet is to try one of the hotels in the city center and use public transportation to get to FORTH.
Below you can find a list of proposed hotels and contact details. Keep in mind that early September is still high-season for tourism, so don't wait till the last minute for your reservation.
For those using the bus to come to FORTH, keep in mind that in FORTH you cannot buy bus tickets, so make sure to purchase your return ticket downtown (otherwise, you can buy it from the bus driver, if he has one, at an increased price).
|1||Astoria||[http://www.capsishotels.gr]||+30 2810 343080|
|2||Atrion||[http://www.atrion.gr]||+30 2810 246000|
|3||Galaxy||[http://www.economouhotels.com]||+30 2810 238812|
|4||Kastro||[http://www.kastro-hotel.gr]||+30 2810 285020|
|5||Lato||[http://www.lato.gr]||+30 2810 334955|
|6||Marin Dream||[http://www.marinhotel.gr]||+30 2810 300018|
|7||Olympic||[http://www.hotelolympic.gr]||+30 2810 288861|
|No||Partner||Rep||09-Sep-2013||10-Sep-2013||Social event||Dietary restrictions|
|10||KIT||Steffen Stadtmüller||yes||yes (half day)||no||no|
|13||NTUA, ENGAGE project||Spyros Mouzakit||yes||no||no||n/a|
Regrets: Andreas Harth (clash with another EU project meeting), Steffen Stadtmueller will participate.
09-Sep-2013 Day 1
09:30 - 10:00 3 years of PlanetData (Elena Simperl, SOTON) File:Planetdata overview 20130909.pdf
10:00 - 10:30 Discussion of the joint scenarios (chaired by Elena Simperl, SOTON)
10:30 - 11:00 Introduction to PlanetData Call 2 projects (Luciano Serafini, FBK) CKR: a general framework for context in Semantic Web (Theory, prototype and extension to ASP)
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 - 12:30 Invited talk: ENGAGE project (Spyros Mouzakiti, NTUA)
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch break
13:30 - 14:30 WP1 (chaired by UPM)
- comments from the review and how were they addressed, in particular implementation of business cases (chaired by UPM) File:PlanetData meeting (Sept 2013).pdf
- D1.6 status (JSI)
- D1.7 outline (CWI)
14:30 - 15:30 WP2 (chaired by KIT)
- comments from the review and how were they addressed, in particular implementation of business cases (chaired by KIT)
- D2.4 status (UMA)
- D2.5 status (CWI)
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee break
16:00 - 17:00 WP3 (chaired by FORTH)
- comments from the review and how were they addressed, in particular implementation of business cases (chaired by FORTH)
- D3.2 status (FORTH)
- D3.5 outline (EPFL)
- Slides by FORTH can be found here File:WP3 Presentation.ppt
10-Sep-2013 Day 2
09:30 - 10:00 WP4 (chaired by FUB)
- comments from the review and how were they addressed, in particular implementation of business cases (chaired by FUB)
10:00 - 10:30 WP5 (chaired by EPFL)
- comments from the review and how were they addressed, in particular implementation of business cases (chaired by EPFL)
10:30 - 12:00 WP6/WP7 (chaired by Elena Simperl, SOTON)
- comments from the review and how were they addressed, in particular implementation of business cases (chaired by Elena Simperl, SOTON)
- videojournal (JSI)
- multi-channel dissemination (UIBK/STI, 45 minutes)
- papers, workshops, tutorials, industrial training (in particular, WP1's progress on industrial training as per request from the Y2 review)
12:00 - 12:30 PMB (chaired by UIBK)
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch break
13:30 - 14:30 Preparation for the review (chaired by Elena Simperl, SOTON)
14:30 - 17:30 Break out sessions
On Monday, at Tavern "Parasies"  at 20:30.
The tavern is located at the Historical Museum Square, by the sea. This map  shows the path from the center (Hotel Astoria -- point A) to the tavern (point B).