To get EDIT-rights for the wiki, please create an account and contact Alice Carpentier (alice.carpentier@sti2.at) with your name, affiliation and username to be approved!

25-26 Nov 10, Research Meeting, Frankfurt, Germany

From PlanetData - WIKI
Jump to: navigation, search
25-26 Nov 10, Research Meeting, Frankfurt, Germany
Research Meeting 1
Start date: 2010-11-25
End date: 2010-11-26
City: Frankfurt
Country: Germany


Travel and venue

Frankfurt Airport Conference Center

Accommodation

To be organized individually by participants.

Meeting information

Participation

Elena Simperl, KIT Andreas Harth, KIT Carolina Fortuna, JSI Marko Grobelnik, JSI Thomas Bauereiß, UIBK Freddy, UPM Jennie Zhang, CWI Giorgos Floris, FORTH Zoltan Miklos, EPFL Pablo Mendes, FUB

Agenda

November, 25 2010

November, 26 2010

  • 09:00 – 13:00: Consolidation per WP and task. Each WP leader presents a summary of discussions of Day 1, and leads the WP discussion

Minutes

  • WP1
    • T1.1
      • Elena and Andreas to check with Oscar the status of the Sensor Network Ontology (see [1])
      • JSI, EPFL and UPM to assess the usage of the Sensor Network Ontology for providing descriptions of sensor sources and to publish this metadata in RDF (see [2])
      • Elena and Andreas to investigate alignment between Sensor Network Ontology and geospatial vocabularies developed in WP2/WP4 (see comment about mappings at [3])
      • JSI to provide update at next meeting on research work related to text streams
      • JSI to publish tagging results (referencing Cyc) as RDF
      • Andreas to send XSLT's to Carolina and Zoltan
      • UPM to send examples of RDF stream data to Elena and Andreas (see discussion in [4])
    • T1.2
      • JSI will work on both sensor and text data (Wikipedia dump, streams of Wikipedia edits, data from Spinner3)
      • JSI to provide update at next meeting on research work related to T1.2
      • Links to FUB's work in WP2 (popular/interesting DBpedia concepts) and to the work of Pablo on linking textual descriptions to DBpedia concepts. FUB to provide update at next meeting
    • T1.3
      • EPFL to provide introductory tutorial and research roadmap to WP1 partners
      • EPFL to assist JSI in using GSN middleware
    • T1.4
      • CWI benchmarking will start with the Berlin benchmark
      • CWI will work on MonetDB/SPARQL as efficient RDF store
      • CWI to provide update at the next meeting on the research topic streaming (RDF) database
    • References for WP1
      • Jorge Pérez, Marcelo Arenas, Claudio Gutierrez: Semantics and complexity of SPARQL. ACM Trans. Database Syst. 34(3): (2009)
      • Jorge Pérez, Marcelo Arenas, Claudio Gutierrez: Semantics and Complexity of SPARQL. International Semantic Web Conference 2006: 30-43
      • Axel Polleres: From SPARQL to rules (and back). In Proceedings of the 16th international conference on World Wide Web 2007: 787-796
      • Artem Chebotko, Shiyong Lu, Farshad Fotouhi: Semantics preserving SPARQL-to-SQL translation. Data Knowl. Eng. 68(10): 973-1000 (2009)
      • Davide Francesco Barbieri, Daniele Braga, Stefano Ceri and Michael Grossniklaus. An Execution Environment for C-SPARQL Queries. EDBT 2010
      • Davide Francesco Barbieri, Daniele Braga, Stefano Ceri, Emanuele Della Valle, Michael Grossniklaus: C-SPARQL: SPARQL for continuous querying. WWW 2009: 1061-1062 bibtex
      • http://wiki.larkc.eu/c-sparql
      • Jean Paul Calbimonte, Oscar Corcho, Alasdair J Gray. Enabling Ontology-based Access to Streaming Data Sources. Proceedings of 9th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2010). November 2010. Available at [5]
  • WP2
    • T2.1
    • Pablo to provide first draft of quality model at the next meeting
    • Pablo to send update to Elena on collaboration with LATC (tool catalogue) and with LODs (quality)
    • FORTH to provide details on improved implementation of the repair methods at the next meeting
    • FUB and FORTH to discuss how to integrate quality assessment (FUB) with repair (FORTH)
    • EPFL to present plans to work on sensor quality at the next meeting
    • T2.2
    • Andreas to provide update on experiences with MonetDB (spatio-temporal data) in 6 months
    • CWI to update us on potential development plans of spatio-temporal functionality in 12-18 months
    • UPM to let Andreas know how they plan to contribute to WP2
    • JSI to provide update on social context representation and usage at the next meeting
  • WP3
    • EPFL to provide update on research contribution in 6 months
    • Andreas to provide details on privacy work (publications) and to give presentation on this work at the next meeting
    • Andreas to assist WP3 with data sets to be used for evaluation purposes
    • Andreas and FORTH to collaborate on best practices for providing provenance metadata
  • WP4
    • Data publication
      • Focus on geospatial, Earth and Space sciences, environmental data
      • Publish sensor descriptions and sources
      • Publish mappings between SNO and other schemas used in the LODC
      • Data sets to start with
        • CCO: UPM to provide sensor description
        • InfoTerre: UPM to assess whether interesting, relevant and open
        • n-gram corpus: JSI to provide service on top of streams to build updated corpus by September 2011
        • Planetary Service Archive: UPM to re-assess
        • Sensorbase: UPM to provide update at the next meeting
        • SensorMap/SwissExperiment: EPFL to provide update at the next meeting
  • WP5
    • Zoltan to collect information from partners on the tools to be part of the Lab and on the showcases demonstrating combinations of these tools by December, 23
    • Zoltan to create PlanetData Lab Web page including means for the community to access the Lab by December, 23