To get EDIT-rights for the wiki, please create an account and contact Alice Carpentier (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, affiliation and username to be approved!
Activity: Activity A3 ImpactActivity leader:
|Activity A3 Impact||Lyndon Nixon|
Lead partner: IJS
Work package leader: Mitja Jermol
T6.1 - Training materials and open training infrastructure (Lead: STI2)
D6.1 - Training Curriculum (STI2) - M6
STI International has a professional training program and in KnowledgeWeb there was developed a first Masters curriculum for semantic technology. These are good starting points for developing a curriculum for both professional and graduate education. The PlanetData curriculum will incorporate the key research themes of the NoE, together with (before) the basic modules for a common understanding of the topics (which can be optional, depending on necessity). and (after) bringing it all together (e.g. looking at applications or business solutions which (can) make use of the presented technologies). This can include hands-on and practical activities using relevant tools, exploring datasets and performing specific actions.
Initial discussion considered targeting graduate-level students, latter discussions considered developing a curriculum to target professionals (continuing education/corporate training)
Preliminary topics addressed: advanced data management, data-driven methods, storage
Preliminary procedures addressed: refer to ACM curriculums, relevant curriculums from within the consortium, terminology alignment, effort should consider the objectives of the EC Erasmus Mundus program as potential targeted follow-up
OPEN ISSUE: Define curriculum scope encompassing desired target groups
ACTION ITEM: Final version of deliverable - Deadline: 04.03.11 (STI) DONE
- Apply curriculum as extension of VideoLectures taxonomy
- Categorise available materials according to curriculum
- Evolve curriculum from new training events on the respective topics
T6.2 - Training Events (Lead: JSI)
D6.2 - Open training infrastructure (JSI) - M6
JSI will use videolectures as a basis for the training infrastructure. STI International offers a combination between videolectures and professional training/eLearning platform following after a similar collaborative model as videolectures currently has with MIT Open Courseware
- VideoLectures page for PlanetData: 
- Initial list of selected materials at VideoLectures
- Collect materials from reported training events
ACTION ITEM: Develop desired integration options between videolectures and STI International elearning platform and REASE - (JSI)
- Input about REASE
- ACTION: STI provides data dump of REASE to IJS *DONE*
- Moderation of REASE materials for VideoLectures PlanetData
ACTION ITEM: All partners should communicate training events within their respective communities related to PlanetData (ALL)
- Process for processing reported training events (create news -> Simeona, FORTH?, collect materials -> VideoLectures. create news)
TIMEPLAN for 2011:
- April 30, 2011 OTI launch with some existing selected content from videolectures.net
- May 31, 2011 Proposal for the programme committee members
- Sept 30, 2011 REASE content migration finished
- Oct 31, 2011 Existing and newly gathered content structured to curriculum
- Dec 31, 2011 Yearly report and plan for the next year: content gathering plan, training events plan, new features development plan, promotion plan
- April - Dec Content gathering/recording according to the strategic decision
Scientific video Journal
Experience from creating one for Machine learning? Sure. We have started this initiative in the frame of Pascal2 NoE, domain is Machine learning. The basic idea is to use this media to start new scientific publishing models like video scientific journal. Since tis was the first such attempt, we developed three from simple to complex modes:
- step 1: journal of short video abstracts. This one intends to
publish short abstract lectures, where authors will briefly (in 5 min( describe the paper they are publishing
- step 2: journal of tutorials attached to the scientific publication.
Here we will publish complete tutorials that follows one or several scientific papers.
- step 3: video scientific journal: independent tutorials and/or
presentations that can also have attached papers, books etc.
We have started with step 1 and we are continuing with the step 2. Results can be seen at http://videolectures.net/machine_learning_video_journal/
- short abstract lectures 1st issue planned beginning 2012
- publish tutorials attached to scientific publication 1st issue end 2012
- development of the programme committee
- concretize plan
We were successful developing a complete publication model, form programme committee, evaluation procedures and metrics. As you can imagine the interest from traditional publishers is quite high - at the last review last week the editor in chief of Cambridge University Press, Springer is interested, Elsevier as well. So there are good potentials for a Semantic Scientific Video Journal. I guess we can follow the same model as in Pascal2. Please comment.